Our move to Shaed
* * *
- August 27, 3:00-5:00pm : Meet your teacher day
- September 2: First day of school (half days for PreSchool – Kinder)
- September 9: Back to School Night
* * *
> Students, teachers, parents, and staff from the Inspired Teaching Demonstration Public Charter School were proud to march in the 39th Annual Capital Pride Parade.
> 3rd and 4th graders attended the “White House Healthy Kids & Safe Sports Concussion Summit,” held in the East Garden Room of the White House. Students had the opportunity to meet (and greet) President Obama.
> Inspired Teaching School student artwork on display at The Phillips Collection.
> Inspired Teaching School named an Exemplar School by the Partnership for 21st Century Skills.
Back to School
The 2014-15 school year is approaching and we are looking forward to a great start! Here’s what we need to have before September 2, 2014 in order for students to start school with us. And check out our FAQ for additional Back to School information and here for a complete list of our 2014-2015 faculty and staff.
- The D.C. Universal Health Certificate and Oral Health Certificate must be less than one year old in order for student to attend school. Students will not be allowed to attend until these forms are up to date and will be marked with unexcused absences. You may email these forms to Lauren M., or call 202-248-6825 to arrange a drop off. Please note that Parts 1 and 5 are to be filled out by a parent/guardian. We also recommend that you retain a copy for yourself for future use.
- Federal Income Eligibility Form: We ask that all families complete this Free and Reduced-price Meals application, even if you do not plan on enrolling in the school lunch program, so that we can properly identify the need in the school. Click for a fillable PDF.
- Medication Consent Form (Only for students who must receive medication during the school day)
* * *
Application & enrollment
You can now apply directly to Inspired Teaching School on MySchoolDC.org. We are accepting applications for preschool through 6th grade, and we currently have immediate openings in the 6th grade.
New families: If you have been admitted to Inspired Teaching School, click here for how to enroll.
Waitlisted families: Click here to track your spot on the wait list!
At the Inspired Teaching Demonstration Public Charter School, a professional learning community of master teachers and teacher residents ensures that a diverse group of students achieve their potential as accomplished learners, thoughtful citizens, and imaginative and inquisitive problem solvers through a demanding, inquiry-based curriculum. The standards-based curriculum and student goals are centered on the 4 I’s: Intellect, Inquiry, Imagination, and Integrity.
* * *
1328 Florida Ave., NW | Washington, DC 20009 | p: 202-248-6825 | f: 202-248-6939 | email@example.com
Copyright © 2014 Inspired Teaching Public Charter School. All rights reserved.