Philosophy and Approach
The Inspired Teaching School implements the philosophy and instructional approach of Center for Inspired Teaching.
The school is based on the following beliefs:
- Children are inherently good and have an innate desire to learn
- Every child can be successful in school
- Children’s energy, unique talents, and individuality are assets, not obstacles.
- Every student possesses the ability to think critically, learn and understand information, and solve complex problems
- Every student should spend their time in school engaged primarily in these kinds of activities.
Primary methods of instruction include inquiry-based methods and active learning approaches, where the teacher serves as facilitator and coach to support student learning. Instruction includes an emphasis on social-emotional learning, and classrooms will be student-centered with students working in small collaborative groups, individually, and through child-initiated play.
200 Douglas St., NE | Washington, DC 20002 | p: 202-248-6825 | f: 202-248-6939 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Copyright © 2017 Inspired Teaching Public Charter School. All rights reserved.