The 4 I’s
The goals for our students are centered around four principles: Intellect, Inquiry, Imagination, and Integrity.
- Reading and Literature: Students will comprehend and analyze age-appropriate literature and nonfiction text, and communicate powerfully through writing, speaking, and the arts.
- Math: Students will focus on math facts, operations, problem-solving and understanding and applying concepts.
- Science and Social Studies: Students will explore and understand the complexity of the social and scientific worlds.
- Critical thinking: Students will apply content knowledge to relevant and current situations, problems, and experiences and be intellectually and physically active, self-directed learners.
- Students will act as researchers: problem-solving, generating questions, collecting and analyzing information, and proposing solutions.
- Students will rely on curiosity and collaboration; an internal motivation to learn; wonder; keen observation; and attention to detail, data, and possibilities for further investigations.
- Students will exhibit the skills of creative and independent thinkers: the courage to create, a joyful spirit, the ability to generate ideas and devise solutions, and the ability to play.
- Students will exhibit resourcefulness, ingenuity, and optimism when faced with an unfamiliar challenge or opportunity.
- Students will come to expect that their creativity and imagination will play an essential role in their success in school and in life.
- Students will act as members of a democratic society, demonstrating honesty; the ability to stand up for one’s beliefs; the confidence to make decision according to one’s value system; the ability to listen to, respect, collaborate and learn from others; and the capacity for empathy, compassion, and strong ethics.
200 Douglas St., NE | Washington, DC 20002 | p: 202-248-6825 | f: 202-248-6939 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Copyright © 2017 Inspired Teaching Public Charter School. All rights reserved.