This year, with the theme 100+, we are focusing on our broader goal: Building Community. Every member of our school community is vital and valued and 100% participation is a key component to our $100,000 goal. In celebrating the first year of preschool through 8th grade, we are encouraging all families to get involved. Whether through volunteering, giving, or promoting (or all three), we aim for each family to engage with our efforts in providing our students with every opportunity possible.
Below you will find answers to frequent questions and a calendar of upcoming events. We will be periodically sending updates and are working toward streamlining our communications. There are many ways ITS families receive school information and we must ensure it gets to everyone. Again, thank you for your support!
WHAT IS INSPIRED GIVING?
Inspired Giving is the name of the Inspired Teaching School’s Annual Fund. It is comprised of fundraising efforts which go directly to the Inspired Teaching Demonstration Public Charter School.
The goal is to raise and provide unrestricted funds to expand resources and opportunities in and out of the classroom well beyond the limits of the budget we recieve from the District.
WHERE DOES THE MONEY GO?
Money raised during the 2016-2017 school year will be spent the following year. ITS leadership determines fund allocation.
Last year’s Inspired Giving funds are helping to add increasing salaries (increased compensation and salary pool for all staff), provide transportation for field trips, books for the classrooms, a sun shade for the playground, professional development resources for the teachers and part of the establishment of the library and media center
UPCOMING FUNDRAISING EVENTS
FEB 6-12: ONLINE AUCTION bit.ly/InspiredOnlineAuction
FEB 25: RAFFLE
MARCH 26–APRIL 1: GIVING WEEK
APRIL 1: INSPIRED EVENING & LIVE AUCTION
Want to help? Please contact email@example.com
Support the Inspired Teaching School!
- Online donations
- Online shopping
- Loyalty cards
- Clippings/box tops
- Inspired Teaching ‘gear’
Click the icon below and Amazon.com will donate a percentage to The Inspired Teaching School!
The Inspired Teaching School participates as a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.
Loyalty Card Programs
Take these few steps to link your loyalty cards to ITS for easy Cash-back to the school.
- Select ITS as the beneficiary of Target’s Take Charge Of Education program, and it will donate 1% of purchases made with your REDcard (visa or check card) to ITS – Inspired Teaching School ID is 152330.
- If you don’t have a Red Card but do shop at Target, please consider getting one! It’s free and easy to apply–and you get a 5% discount on all Red Card purchases. Visit www.target.com/tcoe or call 1-800-316-6142 to register.
- Register your Safeway Club Card at eScrip (www.eScrip.com), and select ITS as your beneficiary
- Register your Safeway Club Card at Campbell’s Labels for Education, online at www.eLabelsForEducation.com. Create an account, enter your Safeway Club Card number, and select ITS when prompted (search for it by name – coming soon).
- If you don’t know your Safeway Club Card number or would like to get a Club Card, call toll-free (1-877-723-3929) or ask at your local store.
- Group ID: 500030345
- Register your Giant card for the A+ School Rewards’ Program and select ITS as your beneficiary
- Register online at www.GiantFood.com, or call toll-free (1-877-275-2758).
- If you also have a Peapod account, remember to register your Giant card with Peapod so that your Peapod purchases count too!
- Inspired Teaching School ID is 17913
- Register your Harris Teeter VIC card for its Together In Education program and designate ITS as your beneficiary
- Register at your local store, by calling toll-free (1-800-432-6111), or online at www.HarrisTeeter.com/Community/together_in_education/link_to_your_school.aspx.
- Account Number for INSPIRED TEACHING DEMOSTRATION SCHOOL, is 1225
Clipping Labels and Box Tops
All Labels For Education and Box Tops can be placed in the “coupon drop-off” box in the ITS entrance lobby.
Campbell’s Labels for Education
- ITS can earn free educational equipment in exchange for proofs of purchase from the Campbell family of brands!
- Clip and collect labels from eligible products (visit www.LabelsForEducation.com for a list of eligible products) and drop them in ITS’s coupon drop-off box.
- Note that, if you register your Safeway Club Card at www.eLabelsForEducation.com and select ITS as your beneficiary, eligible products purchased at Safeway with your card will automatically be credited to ITS – no need to clip labels!
Box Tops for Education
- Each “Box Tops” logo is worth $0.10 for Inspired Teaching School!
- Look for the logo on hundreds of products (visit www.BoxTops4Education.com for a list). Clip and collect the logos and drop them in ITS’s coupon drop-off box.
Other Fundraising Opportunities
Inspired Teaching School ‘Gear’
Inspired Teaching School has partnered with CaféPress to offer clothing, mugs, and more with our school logo.
- Log onto www.cafepress.com/inspiredteachingschool and a portion of all proceeds will go directly to Inspired Teaching School.
Inspired Teaching School is dedicated to help create a sustainable and clean environment. Drop your used ink and toner cartridges, cell phones, laptops, cameras, gps devices, ipods, and other electronics in ITS’s recycling box, and these items will earn money or supplies for the school!
- The recycling box will be located in the entrance lobby of the school.
- Ask your colleagues or office manager if you can collect these items from your office to donate to ITS!
Thank you for your support!
200 Douglas St., NE | Washington, DC 20002 | p: 202-248-6825 | f: 202-248-6939 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Copyright © 2017 Inspired Teaching Public Charter School. All rights reserved.